- Download the JDBC driver http://jdbc.postgresql.org/
You need to know what is your JDK version so that you can select the proper driver. To check your JDK version open Terminal and type:
In my case I have "1.4.2", therefore I downloaded JDBC 3 for PostgreSQL 8.1
- Copy the driver (jar file) to your coldfusion location at:
[cf root folder]/
in my case this was:
- Restart ColdFusion:
NOTE: for some reason when I execute this command it my system won't complete the restart process so I had to do a Stop and Start like
./jrun -stopand then
- Now go to your ColdFusion admin add a new Data Source of type "Other"
- Enter your JDBC URL as:
jdbc:postgresql://localhost/[your database name]
- Set Driver Class and Driver Name as:
- Enter the user name and password.
Note: You can use your "postgres" user account. I have instead created a specific account for coldfusion, you can create users through pgAdmin.
- Submit. You should get an "ok" in the status.
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Connecting PostgreSQL 8.1 & ColdFusion MX 7
So far ColdFusion does not have a default driver to connect to a PostgreSQL Database. However you can manually create a connection using a JDBC driver.